You’re getting ready for a wedding, prom, or special occasion and are looking to wear your petite off-shoulder dress. But you have small breasts that don’t look like they can support the weight of your chest without some help. Or your breasts are heavy and you’re afraid that a strapless bra (see the best strapless bras for a big bust at www.sweetskinliners.com/bras/best-strapless-bra-for-large-breasts/) might give you a boob mishap.
The solution is simple – use breast tape! Breast tape has been used by women in all walks of life to keep their boobs up while wearing dresses and bathing suits for years. It works great as long as you know how to apply it correctly.
Follow these tips on how to tape your breasts up for a strapless dress so that no one will ever be able to tell that you did anything at all!
What Tape is Best for Breasts?
Best tape for breast support
Kim Kardashian admitted that duct tape hurts when it comes to peeling it off the skin. This shows that it’s possible to expose yourself to infections with this kind of tape. So leave duct tape to tools and surfaces. Two tapes that we recommend for breasts are the surgical or medical grade tape and sports strapping tape. These are made for the human skin, unlike duct tape and gaffer tape that may irritate sensitive skin. Why would you use tape that was designed to hold cables on such a sensitive part of your body?
Note that the surgical tape needs to be the soft cloth surgical tape and not the paper type that might soak in sweat and slip away.
The good thing with surgical and sporting tapes is that they are breathable and this keeps you cool. They are also wide and flexible, allowing your breasts to move freely but without the risk of a boob popping out.
You may also like
Can you put cloth tape on skin?
Medical grade cloth tape is the best for sensitive or elderly skin. It’s made of soft cloth which you can tear by hand but the adhesive is so strong that it tends to leave some minimal residue on your skin.
How do you prepare your breasts for taping using breast tape?
The most important thing when applying any type of tape to sensitive skin is preparation: start by cleansing both breast areas thoroughly so you don’t get anything stuck between clumps of hair or worse – over time, scars forming due to infection. An alternative is to apply breast tape immediately after taking a shower. Do not apply any lotions, creams, or powders around your breasts. Avoid using boob tape if the skin around your bust area has any wound, sunburn, or any other damage. You should also not use breast tape if you’re pregnant, if you’re breastfeeding, or if you have medical conditions such as diabetes.
How to Tape your Breasts
First things first:
To avoid pain when peeling off the tape, the breast tape adhesive should not stick to your nipples or even the areola. You can achieve this by placing cotton pads or nipple covers over your nipples before you tape your breasts.
Taping breasts for lift and support
If you want to lift and support your breasts when you go braless, here are some tips:
– To create lift and support, first lift and support your breast with your hand as you would like it to be.
– Start taping from underneath the breast and pull the tape upward to generate the lift.
– Apply more tape strips to enhance the lift and create a shape that mimics a real bra.
– Pull up and down on each side of the breast tape until you feel that they are tight enough against your skin. Not too tight as this can damage your skin.
– Cut off any excess material from either end of the breast tape so that there is no extra tape sticking out past where you want it to reach.
Breast taping for flattening your chest
If you intend to flatten your chest for performing roles such as dancing or acting, here is what you need to do:
– Hold your breasts apart or have a friend hold them apart before taping so that you don’t end up with a uni-boob.
– With your left hand, apply the strip of breast tape on the right-hand side of your right breast and pull the strip over your breasts up to the farthest side of your left breast. Don’t apply excessive pressure as this may cause discomfort or skin damage.
– Apply two or three more strips of the tape one above or below the other until your breasts are covered to your liking.
Creating a cleavage
If you have small breasts and your outfit requires you to go braless, then you don’t have to own too many pairs of bras since you can use breast tape to push your breasts up and create more cleavage just as a push-up bra would do.
– First apply some cotton pad underneath your breasts to make them look fuller.
– Apply strips of breast tape across your chest starting with the breast undersides so that your boobs are lifted and pushed towards the middle.
– Apply strips enough to lift and push the breasts together but don’t cover the upper part of your breasts so that your cleavage is visible.
How long should you wear breast tape?
If you are using boob tape for the first time, then you should remove it from your chest in not more than 3 hours, preferably after 2 hours. This will help you to prevent skin irritation. Even experienced guys should not put the tape on for more than 8 hours in a row.
Nueboo Premium Breast Tape is a premium tape that can last for up to 12 hours and is painless to remove.
How to Remove Boob Tape
– Apply baby oil or olive oil around the edges of the breast tape in order to soak and loosen the adhesive. Leave the tape to soak for at least 20 minutes.
– Start pulling the tape strips from the edges slowly, one by one. Pull the tape back against itself, as you apply more oil in case the adhesive needs more loosening.
– Once all the tape is removed, wipe any adhesive residue on your skin using soft cotton wool.
An alternative tape removal procedure is to first take a hot shower with the tape on. This will also soak the tape making it easier to peel it off, but you’ll still need to apply some oil.