Top 11 Best Postpartum Belly Wrap in 2023
It’s only natural that you want to get your girly figure back, soonest after pregnancy.
Of course, you can work out your way back to shape (while simultaneously controlling your calorie intake).
But using aids like the best postpartum belly wrap does quicken things significantly.
They compress and support your abdomen, waist and pelvis, enabling you to regain your shapely physique in a matter of weeks.
Most of them don’t come cheap and we don’t want you to take a gamble with your money.
That’s why we read reviews, researched and tested several post natal compression wraps during our pregnancies in order to present you the tummy belts that will truly help you regain your shape. We also listened to views from friends and other users.
We only want you to get the best and for that, Amazon and others will give us a small commission when you click on the links here and better your life with a purchase. This comes at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Without further ado, below is a review of the best post pregnancy belly wrap in 2023, grouped in various categories.
Coming up after the review is a buyer’s guide for this type of body compression wraps.
11 Best Post Pregnancy Belly Wraps
Shell: 82% Nylon 18% Spandex, Waistband Elastic: 33% Bamboo 22% Nylon 19% Polyester 26% Spandex
Best for compression and support
Best for C-section recovery
Material: 12% Polyester, 48% Nylon, 20% Bamboo Charcoal, 20% Rubber
Best for breathability
Best Belly Wrap for Compression and Support
1. Pelv-Ice Mama Strut Postpartum Pelvic Support Binder System with Ice/Heat Therapy
This Pelv-Ice Mama support binder now has a powerful Ice/Heat therapy pouches (in form of removable ice/heat pouches) and a multidirectional straps system.
It hence offers targeted relief in the precise spots where your pain is concentrated while supporting all your sore/fatigued muscles across the entire belly.
From your lower back, pelvic floor, perineum, abdominals, your hips, and pubic symphysis, this best postpartum belly wrap helps all your muscles and ligaments to recover in no time.
The integrated package fits well under your clothes…no one can tell that you’ve a gut-busting tummy wrap on and is one of the most comfortable out there.
The elastic bracing and the adjustable Velcro means that you can adjust the compression to make you more mobile as well as prevent potential complications.
You can wear this after both vaginal or C-section delivery.
Material: Shell: 82% Nylon, 18% Spandex, Mesh Bag: 90% Polyester, 10% Spandex, Waistband Elastic: 33% Bamboo, 22% Nylon, 19% Polyester, 26% Spandex
- Very supportive
- Powerfully reduces aches and soreness
- Fits nicely
- Sizing is a hit/miss
Best Postnatal Belly Wrap for Plus Size
2. TiRain 3-in-1 Postpartum Support Belt
This belt actually incorporates 3 belts…
To begin with, the belly belt helps get your stomach and surrounding muscles gradually back to normal.
Then the waist belt takes over and works in overdrive to flatten your belly, redefine your waistline, and soothe any lingering back pain.
Finally, the pelvis belt comes in to help reduce the widening of your uterus and ultimately shrinks it down.
This is essentially all you need to rediscover your pre-pregnancy curve.
The super elastic multipurpose belt system can expand/shrink when you’re fitting it and is one of the few after birth belly support products that work even for the plus size women.
Material: 80% Polyamide, 20% Elastane
- Very functional
- Easy to wear and adjust from all sides (adjustable Velcro)
- Keeps you supported the whole day without feeling any pain
- The fabric is somewhat bulky
See out other curated list of the best pads for postpartum in 2023.
Best 3-in-1 Full Coverage Belly Wrap
3. ChongErfei 3-in-1 Postnatal Tummy Wrap (#1 Best Seller in Hip & Waist Supports)
Although most of modern day belly wraps are trendy, this goes a notch higher by offering the features of a full coverage body shaper and the benefits of a supportive waist trainer.
As a result, our editors think that they should be crowned the champion of our latest best postpartum belly wrap review.
Well, I also have my opinion but it’s upon you to agree/disagree…
Away from personal views, this is certainly good…
Material: 80% Polyamide, 20% Elastane
- Soft on your skin
- Excellent support
- Extremely light
- Takes a while to get used to
- Instructions are a bit hazy
Best 3-in-1 Belly Wrap
4. DICOOL 3 in 1 Postpartum Support Belly Wrap
This Postnatal Belly Wrap has captured the imagination of many women because of its ultra-breathability.
Dicool have indeed gone all out to win your heart and even took this through an air permeable test just to be sure.
- Easy to clean
- Super supportive
- One of the most durable best belly wrap postpartum
- The size chart is quite tough to understand
Best Belly Wrap for Nursing Access
5. BLANQI Pull-Down Postpartum & Nursing Support Tanktop
By creating this nursing tank, Blanqi managed to score a World’s first.
You see, women who find shapewear suffocating have always lacked an alternative, that’s until this nursing support tank top came into the scene.
- Exceedingly gentle on your body.
- Exquisite construction.
- Won’t ride up
- Can serve as an alternative to bras
- Quite pricey
Best Postpartum Belly Wrap for C Section
6. Paz Wean Post-Belly Band Post Pregnancy Recovery Belt
This is no doubt one of the most well-known post child birth recovery belts out there for C-section…
Material: 100% Cotton
- Covers your waist line- 13” high
- Holds everything so well
- Outstanding back support
- May take one or two wears to get used to
Best Budget Postpartum Wrap
7. LODAY 2 in 1 Postpartum Recovery Belt
Material: 100% Natural Latex rubber covering, 96% Cotton+ 4% Spandex Lining
- Amazing price
- Super comfy
- Not as bulky as some of the other belts
- It’s about 11.4173” long and may not work for those with shorter torsos
Best Post Pregnancy Belly Wrap For Short Torso
8. Belly Bandit – B.F.F. Postnatal Belly Wrap
And so if you’re short waisted, we recommend the classic B.F.F Belly bandit Wrap…
Outer shell: 60% Modal, 40% Tencel Core: 75%
Polyester, 25% Spandex
- Brings back a more stunning look in no time
- Adjustable design – allows plenty of adjustments
- Very comfortable!
- Best for mothers with shorter waists only
Best Postnatal Tummy Band for Stay-Put Capability
9. Ingrid & Isabel Women’s Maternity Postpartum Afterband
Ingrid & Isabel might not be the biggest brand in the current market but they have managed to attract quite a following because of this electrifying after birth band.
Material: 87% Nylon, 13% Spandex
- Comfortable the whole day
- Just right compression- not excessive
- Good for nursing
- Not the most durable
Best Belly Wrap for Breathability
10. Mamaway Nano Bamboo Postnatal Support Belly Band
Material: 12% Polyester, 48% Nylon, 20% Bamboo Charcoal, 20% Rubber
- Won’t irritate your skin / incision
- Premium quality post pregnancy belly band
- Durable construction- retains its shape longer than most
- Won’t slip/ bunch
- Again might not be ideal for shorter ladies
- Absolutely pricey
Best Belly Wrap for Diastasis Recti
11. NYOrtho Abdominal Binder Lower Waist Support Belt
We’ve been massive fans of the Nyortho Abdominal Binder/Support Belt ever since it was launched, because no one fights the ugly diastasis recti (pooch) after pregnancy better…
- Provides optimum back support
- You can wear it below/over your clothing
- Easy to adjust
- Multiple elastic support -prevents rolling
- We don’t have much to complain about this brilliant belt
A Buyer’s Guide for the Top Rated Postpartum Belly Wrap
Let me now share with you some of the issues you need to focus on when comparing the various best postpartum belly wraps…
- Functionality: How well does it serve its role? Is the compression enough? What about support? What of pain relief?
- Room for adjustment: Ensure that your band is adjustable to allow you to tighten the fit as your belly reduces.
- Sizing: Needless to say, try to pick the correct size. Some have bigger sizes suitable for a plus-size.
- Bulkiness: The lighter it is, the more ‘free’ you feel.
- Construction: A belly band’s overall construction determines its performance. Overall, a robust and firm design supports you optimally.
- Fabric: It’s crucial that you’re comfortable all day long and this is determined by the type of material. At the bare minimum, pick breathable, soft, non-irritating materials especially for bands that are won below clothing.
- Durability: Investigate whether your choice is the type that loses shape after a couple of washes.
- Ease of wear: Select a tummy wrap that is easy to put on.
Pros and Cons of Wearing a Post Pregnancy Belly Wrap
Postpartum tummy wraps have a plethora of benefits.
Take a look.
- They aid the transition of your uterus.
- Diminished stretch marks.
- They help shrink your belly, waist, and hips.
- Quickens your postnatal healing.
- They increase your comfort after a C-Section/ vaginal delivery.
- Reduced sagging of your organs/skin.
- Relieves pain in sensitive areas like your pelvis.
- Some have back support.
- They help to reshape your tummy.
On the flipside…
- Some may bunch up.
- Certain model roll/ride.
- If you wear it for long, it can affect your blood circulation.
Best Postpartum Belly Wrap FAQs:
Q: How is a postpartum belly wrap different from a postpartum girdle/corset?
A: On one hand, belly wraps provide you the essential support to aid your healing after a vaginal/C-section delivery.
They do this by compressing your incision, reducing swelling, and fighting pain.
In contrast, postpartum girdles/corsets deliver excessive binding to help you acquire or re-acquire your exaggerated hourglass figure.
Q: When can I start wearing a post partum belly wrap?
A: You can wrap your belly immediately after delivering unless you have had some complications during the procedure. In such a case, your doctor will give you the green light at the opportune time.
Q: Can you wear shapewear or belly band while pregnant?
A: Medical professionals such as gynecologists, obstetricians, and physiotherapists agree that you can wear regular shapewear in your first trimester as long it has moderate compression. In any case, women don’t know that they’re pregnant in the first two months and may not choose to avoid regular undergarments. However, from the third month of pregnancy, you should wear maternity shapewear that is designed to free your belly while slimming your butt and hips. You can also wear a pregnancy belly band that will ease your baby bump’s pressure on your lower back.
Q: How long should you bind your belly after birth?
A: On average, you can gently belly bind for about 6-8 weeks. It can also take slightly longer depending on your situation. Preferably, you should wear it for between 10-12 hours daily to benefit fully.
Q: Does postpartum belly go away?
A: Yes. Your annoying postnatal belly will eventually go away. But you have to understand it’s a natural consequence of the baby bearing process and so it could be weeks before it finally vanishes.
Q: How long does it take for your post pregnancy belly to go away?
A: If you delivered vaginally, it takes 4-6 weeks to get back your smaller stomach. A C-section is, however, a major surgical operation and could take longer to heal from. On average, allow your bump 6-8 weeks to shrink to its pre-pregnancy size.
Having said, a host of other factors matter and its best you talk to your physician before engaging in risky activities like intensive exercise.
Q: What is diastasis recti?
A: Diastasis recti means abdominal separation and occurs when your stomach muscles separate across the middle due to the pressure from your expanding uterus during pregnancy. This creates a gap allowing your tummy to stick out.
You can heal it by engaging in certain exercises in addition to wearing supporters like the Nyortho Abdominal Support Belt.
From the therapeutic Pelv-Ice Mama Postpartum support binder all the way to the Diastasis recti busting Nyortho Abdominal Binder/Support Belt, these are the belly wraps that wowed us.
And while we are not sure of your condition or preferences, we are convinced that one of the best postpartum belly wrap will deliver you from the disgusting post pregnancy pooch.
Drop us a comment about your pick and whether it has been helpful.
Want your friends to see this review? Post this article to your favorite Pinterest board!
2 thoughts on “Top 11 Best Postpartum Belly Wraps (Do NOT buy before you see this) in 2023”
Great tips. I am pregnant 32 weeks so I will be looking at this again
Thanks for the appreciation and all the best as you approach D-Day!