Top 11 Best Postpartum Underwear in 2020
And whether you’re chasing after kids, returning to work, or just enjoying staying with your new bundle of joy, you’ll find them very handy and comfy.
Now, they come in various shapes and sizes…
From supportive post pregnancy panties for C-section recovery to the leak-proof models to help during postpartum bleeding, and to the disposable types for urinary incontinence, there’s always one for your needs.
Below we have tested and reviewed the top brands worth your money.
Read through and select the very best.
Coming up after the review is a buyer’s guide for the best underwear for postpartum.
11 Best Underwear for Postpartum
60% Cotton/ 40% Polyester
Best for both natural and C-section delivery
92% Nylon 8% / Spandex
Best for C-section recovery
90% Cotton/ 10% Polyurethane
Best for compression
Best Underwear for Women’s Health
1. Fruit of the Loom’ BeyondSoft Brief Panties (6-Pack)– best for both natural and C-section delivery
Material: 60% Cotton/ 40% Polyester
If you are a fitness enthusiast, get to see our excellent list of the best women’s underwear for working out.
Best Underwear after C Section
2. Intimate Portal Women’s Under-The-Bump Maternity Panties–best postpartum hipsters
Material: Body: 95% Refined Cotton/ 5% Spandex, Crotch Inner Lining: 100% Cotton
After giving birth you are likely to bleed unusually down there and you cannot use the usual sanitary napkins, menstrual cups or tampons. Get the best pad for your situation from our reviewed list of the best postpartum pads.
3. UpSpring Baby C-Section Recovery Panty, Postpartum Compression Underwear and Scar Healing– best for c-section recovery
Material: 92% Nylon/ 8% Spandex
Best Postpartum Compression Underwear
Material: 90% Cotton/ 10% Polyurethane
Best Disposable Underwear for Postpartum
5. Always’ Discreet Incontinence Underwear – best disposable postpartum underwear, best for urinary incontinence
Material: Cotton/ Lycra
Best Underwear for Postpartum Bleeding
6. YOYI FASHION Women’s Mesh Holes Breathable Leak-proof Period Panties
Material: Brief- 84% Nylon/ 16% Spandex, Water-Resistant Lining- 82.2% Viscose/17.8% Cotton
Best Low Waist Postpartum Underwear
7. GIFTPOCKET Womens Under-Bump Maternity Panties, Healthy Underwear- best postpartum hipsters
Material: 95% Cotton/ 5% Spandex; 100% cotton lined crotch
Best Full Coverage Postpartum Underwear
8. Kindred Bravely High-Waist Postnatal Underwear and C-Section Recovery Maternity Panties
Material: 95% Nylon/ 5% Spandex
Best Postpartum Panty for Belly Recovery
9. UpSpring Post-Baby Post Pregnancy Underwear
Material: 92% Nylon/ 8% Spandex
Best Underwear for Post Pregnancy Support and Posture Recovery
10. Maidenform Flexees Womens Shapewear Hi-Waisted Brief- best for support and posture recovery
Material: Body: 70% Nylon/30% Elastane; Crotch Lining: 100% Cotton
11. Motherhood Maternity Womens Maternity 2-Pack Postpartum Seamless Support Panty
Material: 63% Cotton/ 23% Nylon/14% Spandex
Common Post Pregnancy Underwear Designs
Like you have seen, today we are spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing the best underwear for postpartum designs.
The dominant ones are:
- Postpartum hipsters– very protective for both leakage and periods.
- Period panties– great for postpartum menstrual blood (with pads)
- Pelvic recovery briefs– compresses your pelvis.
- Disposable briefs– helpful with urinary incontinence
- High waisted briefs– best underwear for after c section.
- Light compression underwear– for smoothening out your belly.
- Crossovers– you can wear these even during pregnancy.
- Support panties– most are seamless.
- Shapewear hi-waist briefs– returns your hourglass figure.
Types of Postpartum Underwear Materials
To a large extent, standard and postpartum underwear do share in materials of make. These include:
- Cotton- Tremendously soft to touch and breathable.
- Nylon- Popular for excellent color fastness. Not very breathable.
- Spandex- Lightweight and also comfortable to wear.
- Elastane- Resistant to perspiration, great stretch, and very durable.
- Polyurethane– Allows for anatomical stretching.
- Microfiber- Good in moisture wicking and tends to reduce odors.
- Polyester-Extremely durable
Best Underwear for Post Pregnancy- a Buyer’s Guide
Here are some of the points you should focus on when selecting postpartum innerwear;
- Comfort: You definitely wants something cozy, fitting well (not harm your incision), and one that doesn’t irritate your skin.
- The looks:You should not sacrifice your sexy style just because you’re recovering. And it’s a good thing that manufacturers are now recognizing this and releasing colorful versions.
- Compression: You don’t want just right compression- enough to smoother out but still allows breathing.
- Sizing:Where you hold doubts about underwear sizing, order a size larger up. It’s certainly not as tight and will leave room for pads.
- Coverage: Full coverage underwear typically offer more belly support.
- Extras: Some have useful additions and are more convenient. For example, there are types with a silicone panel which help soothe your C-section scarring.
- Pricing: The depth of your pockets will also have a huge sway.
Best Postpartum Underwear- FAQs:
Q: When can you wear normal underwear after C-section?
A: You’re likely to be more comfortable wearing your favorite normal underpants after you’ve completely healed. Problem is, the time to recover from a Caesarean operation varies from one mom to another.
And while some are just fine throwing out their granny panties within as little as 14 days, others will still have a hurting incision even 8 weeks later.
Consider consulting your Doc if in doubt.
Q: How long does it take for a woman’s body to go back to normal after pregnancy?
A: First, your belly bulge (caused by the uterus enlargement) could take as long as 8 weeks to disappear (sometimes shorter if lucky).
Then, your vagina will completely heal in about six weeks from your latest delivery.
For this reason, many health care professionals recommend that you wait up until four-six weeks post-delivery to have sex.
Having said that, numerous research studies have suggested that it can take you a whole year to fully heal from all post-birth issues.
Q: What is the importance of using best postpartum underwear?
A: Our regular underwear isn’t designed to help with any of the post pregnancy challenges.
These include swelling around your incision, weakened body tissue, aggressive bleeding, incontinence, and the like.
On the other hand, postpartum innerwear is customized to help make life bearable, for example, by stopping urine leakage, flattening the bulge, reduce scarring, and more.
Not all inner wear labeled best underwear for postpartum will cut it.
And it’s thus important that you weigh issues like support, fit, and even the material before committing your credit card.
We have also seen that some are specific to problems like incontinence and pelvic tightening, meaning you will need to be more specific in your search.
Otherwise, the brand name may not matter as much as functionality so don’t be blinded by names.