Top 10 Best Waist Trainers for Weight Loss in 2020 (Unbiased Review and Buyer’s Guide)
Now, get ready to work on your waist. And have you noted how famous celebrities have taken to the best waist trainers for weight loss?
Well, the Kardashians are donning them- led by Kim and Khloe. Then Nicki Minaj, Jessica Alba, Snooki (Nicole Polizzi)….you name them.
Long and short of it?
Waist trainers can be immensely helpful in your slimming quest!
Now, let’s look at the two questions on everyone’s lips: which is the overall best waist trainer and which is the best waist trainer for working out?
A Review of the Best Rated Waist Trainer
These are the waist trainers that made it to our list and the reasons why:
Made with 100% latex-free stretchy neoprene
Top rated waist trainer
Inner layer-100% Cotton; Outer layer-Latex
Best waist cincher
Inner layer- 96% Cotton+4% Spandex; Mid layer of 100% natural latex; Outer layer- Nylon+ Lycra & Spandex
Best waist trainer for under clothes
Best waist trainer for working out
1. SHAPERX Women Waist Trainer Belt
If you looking for a compression band that’s perfect for weight loss workouts, then look no further.
The massively popular Camellias slimming women waist trimmer belt neatly wraps around your tummy and does what it’s created for – stimulating fat burn (and making you sweat)
The mesh backing means this is the best waist trainer for working out that will breathe well even during your hot sauna sessions not to forget its generous support (on your back and sides) throughout your utmost vigorous workouts.
I love that, unlike some of its rivals, you can loosen this corset as needed thanks to its easy-to-use Velcro closure, not to mention that its fine neoprene fabric stretches appropriately.
Material: 100% latex-free stretchy neoprene
Best waist cincher
2. Ann Chery Women’s Faja Clasica Waist Cincher
This famous and best waist trainer for women has been worn by thousands of ladies seeking to become the next planet-conquering models.
And so if you want a waist cinching garment to give you that dream hourglass figure in no time, here you have a real gem.
On the outside you have the durable, high-resistance latex while the inner part is constructed from super soft cotton for a soothing feel.
The hook-and-eye closure makes this best waist cincher for weight loss easy to adjust while the front and back boning provides the necessary support on top of high compression.
Material: Inner layer-100% Cotton; Outer layer-Latex
Best waist trainer for under clothes
3. YIANNA Women’s Underbust Latex Sport Girdle Waist Trainer Corsets- best girdle to hold in stomach
One of the biggest news in this trainer is its 3 layers of different fabrics: the cozy, sweat absorbing cotton, the naturally stretching latex, durable nylon, plus the breathable spandex.
It’s then topped with extra boning all around.
With this design, you get one of the best girdles for weight loss that will last for ages…
There’s support, reinforced posture, and the flexibility to allow you bend easily as you continue with your daily chores.
Furthermore, it will delicately lift your underbust
The special built means you can use the girdle for practically everything: your yoga sessions, post-partum belly abdomen, or just to create killer curves.
Material: Inner layer- 96% Cotton+4% Spandex; Mid layer of 100% natural latex; Outer layer- Nylon+ Lycra & Spandex
Best waist cincher to wear under clothes
4. Lady Slim Fajas Colombiana Latex Waist Cincher- best waist trainer for weight loss plus size
Material: Made with 100% non-toxic latex
Best waist training corsets
5. Nebility Women Waist Trainer Corset Tank Top with Adjustable Straps
Material: Nylon/Spandex blend
Best waist trimmer for working out
6. Gotoly Curves Body Shaper Adjustable Straps Tank Top Waist Cincher
Material: 90% Polyester 10% Spandex
Gotoly is also the leading brand for the best body shapers for large tummy.
Best affordable waist trainer
7. Eleady Women’s Corset Waist Trainer Underbust Cincher Steel-Boned Vest, Adjustable Straps
Material: 90% Polyester 10% Spandex
Best waist belt for weight loss
8. VENUZOR Women Waist Cincher Trimmer Waist Trainer Belt – Sport Girdle Belt
Best waist trainer for long torso
9. LODAY Women Waist Trainer Corset Tummy Control for Weight Loss Body Shaper
Best universal waist trainer
10. TAILONG Hot Sweat Waist Trainer for Weight Loss Corset Body Shaper
A buyer’s guide for the best waist trainer for working out
Here is what to look out for as you hunt for the ideal waist trainer for your weight loss target.
- Consider the material
Most trainers are made of latex due to its superior compression features. But latex is a no-go zone if your skin is sensitive to latex.
Options: there are plenty of latex-free cinchers from our list.
- What’s your size? Also check your shape
Weight loss waist trainers exist for all shapes and sizes (plus-sizes and even full bust included). Needless to say, the size guides will help you determine the best size.
- How well does it meet your goals?
For the most dramatic results, pick models with extreme compression levels. Also check ease of wearing and ability to remain in place (how many hook-and-eye closures does it have?)
- Is it comfortable?
Sometimes compression won’t make sense if you’re uncomfortable.
Again you have alternatives in all cases.
- Are you after a trainer for the long haul?
Steel-boned models outlasts spandex and numerous other types of waist trainers for weight loss.
Colors, pricing, manufacturer’s reputation, and ease of washing may also matter.
Plus, you will most likely prefer an undergarment that can’t be noticed under your cloth.
FAQ: Best Waist Trainers For Weight Loss
How Does a Waist Trainer Work?
A waist trainer/cincher is worn around your waist and is meant to complement your weight loss efforts.
This it does by gently compressing your waistline into shape, in the process giving your waist the desire hourglass shape.
To achieve permanent results, use a waist cincher alongside other recommended weight loss methods such as regular workouts, dieting, and be consistent.
As you may have noted in our reviews, weight loss waist trainers take the form of either the traditional corsets (mostly cotton-made and with laces on their back) or cinchers (typically latex or cotton made and with hook-and-eye closures in front).
Do waist trainers really help you lose weight?
Well, yes but certainly not in the way you think.
You see, you’re supposed to wear these shapewear for a couple of hours in a day.
Now, this has several impacts.
First, they reshape your tummy to definitely look sexier.
Secondly, you could sweat a bit and of course shed off some water weight. This is what initially results into significant weight loss.
Additionally, if you’re taking in fewer calories even as you make it a habit to slip into your waist trainer, you’ll further lose weight since your body tends to burn stored fats to compensate for the energy shortage.
To keep balance in your body calorie eat high calorie fruits. Avocado calories are very good for health and they do not even raise any issue with weight loss.
And so just sporting a corset may do nothing on its own without a calorie gap.
This explains why experts recommend wearing a waist cincher while adopting healthier reduced-calorie diet plans and intensified physical activity.
Can I eat while wearing my waist trainer?
Because of the compression, many people don’t feel like eating while the waist trimmer is on.
The thing is you ought to put your health before everything else. This means that you shouldn’t starve yourself to shape since this may come at a health cost.
After all, your body still requires its daily nutrients dosage and these can only come from food.
But considering that your midsection is constricted, you have to deviate from your typical haphazard eating habits and go for nutritious foods that don’t leave you feeling bloated.
For example, take more fibre and probiotics (they help digestion) plus Vitamins A and C (they boost overall metabolism)
You, on the hand, should keep off sugary foods and alcohol.
Also eat in smaller mini-meals as it’s practically impossible to take one huge meal (at once) and drink lots of water.
How long do I have to wear a waist trainer to see results?
Undoubtedly, we all look forward to get results within the shortest time possible. But how reasonable is this expectation?
Well, if you follow all the instructions to the latter, you may lose up to 4 inches within as little as 4 weeks.
But, and this is a big BUT, our bodies are different genetically and respond to training regimens in diverse ways.
So don’t pull your hair out just because you’ve lost just 1 inch off your waist after 6 weeks of religiously donning it.
Overall, if you manage 8 hours in it daily for a minimum of 8 weeks, and watch your eating besides working out, you will achieve an amazing outcome.
Can you sleep with a waist trimmer?
Sleeping with a waist trainer could be a brilliant way of quickening results.
However, it’s not always possible to find your way to dreamland without feeling the heat caused by the constriction.
Indeed, even when you just feel okay dozing off with it, getting professional medical advice is still recommended.
That’s because trainers may obstruct circulation, trigger a possible acid reflux, and stress your abdominal/core muscles if worn for an exceedingly long time.
That being said, there are ways of sleeping with your corset on depending on its fit and quality of material used. Plus, your sleeping style to an extent.
But remember the rule if you’re to try:
If it’s discomforting in any way, take it off!
Is waist trainer unhealthy? What are the side effects of wearing a waist trainer?
Overall, all waist training activities can be dangerous if done wrongly. Regarding your waist trainer, some aspects can put you at risk.
To start off, it could constrain your breathing muscles causing you to run short of breath.
Then, you slip it on too tightly, and you’re on course for a painful bruise or rib pain.
Still, a waist trainer certainly worsens some conditions. For example, it could amplify abdominal muscle pressure, an event that is likely to exacerbate a present stomach ailment.
The compression may alter some bones in addition to over-pressing some of your crucial internal organs resulting in unending pain.
So in short, yes, it can be unhealthy.
Choose correctly (the cheapest ones are the most susceptible) and importantly, wear it right.
Which brings me to the next important question: the dos and don’ts of using waist cinchers…
Dos and Don’ts of wearing a waist trainer
Here is what you must do and what you must never do when it comes to wearing your best waist trainer for weight loss
- Start slowly (just a few hours). The first days are especially tough as you adapt to the restriction. You can add more hours as you grow into this until you hit the proposed maximum.
- Keep your ears on your body and take it off as soon as you sense some discomfort.
- Rome wasn’t built in a day so be patient. Otherwise expect zero results if you’re wearing it only when in mood.
- Get your decision right. Choose a quality, fitting type and the best possible model. The manufacturer’s sizing chart should help you in getting the optimum measurement.
- Eat well and stay hydrated.
- Work out whenever possible. For example, take the stairs and alight some distance from your destination and walk the remaining yards. Create time for the gym too, if possible.
- Don’t put it on case you experience numbness, sharpness of breath, sharp stomach pains, or any pinching.
- Never wear it beyond 8 hours per day.
- Don’t wear it improperly.
- Avoid high intensity workouts when wearing it.
- Don’t give up- at least not too soon!
Let’s start with the positives:
- It’s much faster: In general, waist trainers tend to help reduce weight
- It’s a ‘multipurpose’ garment. It remains discreet so you can have it on you even when serving clients in your office as well as at home and stadium. You can even use it for postpartum waist strengthening after child birth.
- There is the additional bonus of maintaining good posture whether sitting or standing thanks to the rigid steel boning which prevents slouching.
- Some corsets also support your bustline alleviating back strain and pressure hence benefitting women with larger boobs.
- You ooze confidence knowing that you’re hogging the limelight with your sultry shape.
And now to the negatives:
- No matter how good it is, even the very the best waist trainer for exercise has some levels of discomfort.
- As we discussed earlier, there’s some inherent health risk especially if you exaggerate its wearing or ignore the don’ts (revisit them above).
- They can make your day a little hell on earth during a steaming hot summer day (it’s an additional clothing anyway).
- If you’re over-obsessed with your looks and don’t want to put in the work, waist cinchers can evolve to an unhealthy addiction.
The best waist trainers for weight loss can be a great aid when you’re battling to rediscover your enviable hourglass frame.
Their secret lies in choosing the right brand and obviously, wearing it correctly. And, have it on only at most for the maximum suggested hours and consistently.
Additionally, as we have seen, always listen to your body and know when to remove it.
And don’t forget to eat well, drink lots of water, and to sweat it out.
Do this and you’ll soon have everyone stealing those knowing glances at you.
Want to remember this review? Post this article to your favorite Pinterest board!