It’s a free world.
If you get bored by monotony in everything you do including your tights, so be it.
Two colored tights can help you add that punch, uniqueness, and variety to a weekend party, something that will make everyone feel that you’re vibrant and an outside-the-box thinker.
Except when you’re wearing a mini, tights with different colored legs are a great way to mix and match your knee-length skirts and dresses.
Let’s see the best two tone tights this year.
When you click on the links here and better your life with a pair of tights, we’ll earn a small commission at absolutely no extra cost to you.
The 4 Best Two Tone Tights in 2022
Durable and squat proofed
80% Nylon, 20% Spandex
Best for keeping warm on a cold winter day
65% Cotton, 35% Polyester
Best for pairing with crop tops
88% Polyester, 12% Spandex
Dramatic colors, best for Halloween and cosplay
Almost any lady you see around will be in black tights on a cold morning. So why do you have to be like everyone else?
The black tone in these two tone tights is the neutral tone that you can wear under any dress while the purple contrast is the punch of color and flair that will make you unforgettable. It also works awesomely well if you’re acting a comic role such as a jester queen, or Christmas elf.
It’s also semi-sheer to partially reveal the skin underneath so that you don’t look like you have a continuous piece of clothing from your neck to your feet.
Which way do you wear the tights?
You can actually reverse the legs of these tights with 2 different colored legs so that an observant person will think that you have two pairs of them.
Durability has also been given proper attention. The inseam and the toes are reinforced and unlike many other tights, stockings, and pantyhose, I haven’t seen any customer on Amazon claim that this undergarment tore apart when she tried to squat. Hand washing is recommended to ensure longevity but you can always wash them on a cold water cycle and then air dry.
If you don’t fancy purple, there are 12 other color pairs to choose from.
“I used this product for a Halloween costume and continued to wear them after and they were perfect! These tights are durable and the most comfortable tights I’ve ever worn. I bought the black and white ones and they were almost completely opaque , even the white part. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for tights like these and plan on buying another pair in the future.”- Malawi
Material: 100% Nylon
Now you don’t have to sacrifice style for warmth during the coldest months because these extra thick tights feature a brushed fleece interior for maximum warmth on a typical winter day. The wooly lining traps your body’s heat to keep you warm and comfy all day long.
Angelina’s two-toned tight high waist design is the best for providing full coverage and light shaping to your tummy and waist.
Any shade of red is practical for mixing and matching with different outfits plus they have a wide range of other colors to suit your different costumes and occasions.
“Love the thickness of these tights. I got white for a Halloween costume, but will get them in black. I like a high denier, and while it’s not stated what percentage the denier is, they don’t show any skin. The company is extremely solicitous and has worked with me on an issue I had. They did everything and more to ensure my satisfaction. A definite company to order from.” Stymie Hymie in Houston, TX
“Love these tights! They are super comfortable. I originally ordered some for my Halloween costume, but I’ll definitely be ordering more! I was hesitant about the size, I normally wear a size 14/16 in Women’s and usually one size fits most do not work for me. Thankfully that is not the case with these tights! They fit perfectly and again, are super comfortable! 100% recommend this product.”– Rachel
Material: 80% Nylon, 20% Spandex
If you like the two tones to be in stripes instead of a separate hue on either leg, then you’ll love the good things that life has to offer because of these black/white striped legging pants.
They are made with soft cotton blend fabric, making them lightweight, breathable, and non-itchy.
Its elastic waistband is stretchy and non-restrictive, and it also rises high to the navel, to prevent a muffin top from forming.
Black and white are neutral color shades that can perfectly match any top or shoe. And there is an option for either vertical or horizontal stripes.
“Love it. Just like the reviews said. Great look Great fit and as expected could be thicker but I live in Florida no complaints. It’s perfect”- A customer on Amazon
Material: 65% Cotton, 35% Polyester
4. 100D Two-Tone Contrast Color Jester Semi Opaque Slimming Stretch Control Top Compression Pantyhose Thick Tights Stockings
If you don’t fancy skin exposure, you can’t go wrong with these semi-opaque best two tone tights.
They also snuggly fit your legs to shape and smooth them, so that they appear leaner and longer.
The tights’ control top slims and smooths your tummy and a stay-in-place waistband fits just below the natural waist for comfort.
The shiny color tones and fabric are dramatic for a Halloween, Christmas party, or theatrical performance.
Material: 88% Polyester, 12% Spandex
Which Way Do You Wear Tights?
In most tights, the front resembles the back and you may wonder which way to wear them. If the tights are tagless or the tag is on a side seam, check whether the feet have identifiable toes and heels. If not, then some tights like the 100D Two-Tone Contrast Color Jester Semi Opaque will have a long seam or a butt pad at the back.
If there is no way to identify the front and the back, like in the ToBeInStyle Women’s Two Toned Jester Tights, then you can reverse its legs. When the tights have different colored legs, interchangeable legs add variety to your wardrobe because you’ll seem to have two pairs of tights.
The Dos and Don’ts of Wearing Tights with Different Colored Legs
There are plenty of different ways in which you can make your tights more or less comfortable and functional.
– Even if they’re opaque, pair your tights with dresses, skirts, or overcoats to cover your bottom and thighs. Tights are not leggings that resemble ordinary pants.
– Sheer rather than opaque tights are better for comfort. Partially revealing the skin underneath makes you avoid looking like you have a continuous piece of cloth from your neck to your feet.
– If you’re a regular lover of tights, invest in perfectly fitting, comfortable, and durable ones like the ToBeInStyle Two-Toned Jester Tights. If you only wear tights on Halloween, then a thin, cheap, but colorful undergarment is good to go.
– Hand wash tights in lukewarm water and then air dry them to keep the delicate fabric in good shape for longer.
– Pair your tights with solid shoes such as boots, booties, and stilettos for a practical fashion sense. Matching ordinary tights with an open shoe is an accepted fashion faux pas, though some non-conformist beauties like Diane Kruger have once pulled it off with platform heels.
– You’re best advised to avoid tights during the warmer months or dramatic tights when you put on some dresses like formal peplum dresses or maxi gowns. Tunics are also better paired with leggings rather than see-through tights.
– Patterned or colorful tights paired with equally patterned outfits are a visual distraction.
– Some types of tights such as fishnets and dramatic colors such as red and yellow are inappropriate for a formal workplace and are best left for parties and date nights.
– Never layer a pair of socks over your tights. If you must put on a pair of socks on a really cold day, cover them with knee-high boots.
– White tights are a no-no for an adult. They’ll make you look like a young school girl.
Tights with different colored legs let you introduce uniqueness and variety to the monotony and conformity of monotone and mostly black tights and stockings that we see all around us.
You can wear two-tone tights with different types of dresses, skirts, and tunics, but you need to ensure stylish matching of colors from your top to the tights and your shoes. The most dramatic two-colored tights are best kept as a Halloween costume. Whatever your needs, you can’t go wrong with one of the best two tone tights in our review.