What’s the right number of swimsuits to own? While it might seem like a simple question, the answer is actually quite contestable. Many factors influence the number of swimsuits you should have in your closet.
How Many Swimsuits Should You Own?
Benefits of owning a variety of swimsuits
As a woman, you should have a variety of swimsuits for different events. Having this will save you time and money because no matter the occasion or activity, you’ll always have something in style to match it! Let’s take a look at some of the pros of owning a variety of swimwear.
1.) You can match different swimsuits with different outfits for various occasions. There is a variety of styles, colors, patterns, and cuts available in the market today.
2.) It’s always better to have more than one swimsuit because it gives you more options when deciding what to wear on any given day or occasion. You can get different types of swimsuits that will allow you to enjoy all your favorite activities on the beach – from surfing to swimming. You may be in need of a plus size bathing suit and still another swimsuit that can hide your tummy.
3.) Swimsuit shopping doesn’t have to be expensive because there are many affordable options out there if you know where to look. If you buy them at an affordable price here, they’re worth every penny!
4.) You might have a favorite color that you love to wear so much that it justifies owning more than one set of swimwear.
5.) You might be on vacation in another country and you want to fit in with the local customs, including their outfit style and colors. How many swimsuits should you pack for vacation? Andrea of answearable.com recommends 2 to 3 swimsuits for a minimalist on a weeklong vacation and 4 to 5 per week for someone who loves to have more options.
6.) Some swimsuits are perfect for use all-year-round use- not just in the summertime!
What’s the right number of swimsuits to own?
Whatever number of swimsuits you find ideal, here are some tips worth considering:
- You should have at least 3 to 5 swimsuits for every summer season.
- Choose a few different styles to accommodate your mood on any given day.
- Pick up a bathing suit that you can use as an outfit when you’re not in the water.
- Buy suits with underwire and support if you want to wear them all day long.
- Avoid buying bikinis from discount stores, they tend to be cheaply made and will fall apart quickly.
- Invest in quality pieces that will last longer and look better over time.
- Don’t overstuff your drawer with swimwear or any other kind of lingerie for that matter. You’ll realize that you never wear most of those outfits and you’ll have to give them away when they start yellowing due to oxidation.
How to care for your swimsuit so it lasts longer and stays in good condition
Think of your swimsuit as an investment for all the time and money you put into it. It won’t last if you don’t take care of it! Getting a suit that fits well is important to make sure that’s not too tight or loose, but improper cleaning can still damage any piece of clothing- including bikinis. Here are some tips on how to properly wash and store them so they’ll stay looking new and neat:
– Wash bright colors separately to avoid staining.
– Rinse it out in fresh water and squeeze it in a towel.
– Handle also carefully while machine drying.
– Always air dry your swimsuits (never use heat).
– Store hanging clothes either indoors (in a vacuum-sealed bag) or outdoors, away from direct sunlight.